Director of Monitoring and Evaluation
Submitted by dahimaz on 31 March 2017
To protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing the criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking to hire a Director of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) to lead M&E activities for IJM’s projects in India as well as provide leadership in the development of prospective projects. IJM collaborates with justice system agencies by supporting interventions and conducting training and capacity building programmes that sustainably improve the functionality, accessibility, fairness, and accountability of the system.
The Director of M&E will report directly to the Regional Director, but will work directly with field office and program leaders throughout India, as well as with the Senior Program Manager for South Asia and the Program Design and Evaluation (PD&E) Unit who are based in Washington, DC.
Lead M&E within Delhi projects (85%):
- Provide visionary and strategic leadership to IJM India’s monitoring, evaluation and research functions;
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to the design, acceptance, implementation, and use of M&E plans for IJM’s programs in India;
- Review M&E data, and distil and communicate their implications for program implementation, including modification in geographical priorities, target groups, intervention strategies and implementing partners;
- Provide technical assistance and supervise the development, validation, quality assurance, and use and of all data collection tools, processes, and systems;
- Supervise monitoring and evaluation staff and processes and ensure quality and timely periodic production of M&E data;
- Develop project-specific and annual M&E budgets and M&E plans;
- Coordinate, consult with and help develop technical capacity of all M&E-related staff in Delhi;
- Participate and help lead the design and management of various research projects;
- Provide guidance to field teams and assist with analysis, interpretation and internal and external use of research projects; and
- Supervise consultants contracted to complete M&E related tasks.
M&E technical advising to prospective projects (15%):
- Assist other India office and program leaders in project planning, proposal writing, and development of M&E plans;
- Assist in providing training and building capacity of all staff in India on monitoring and evaluation principles and implementation of key techniques for data collection, management, quality, and dissemination;
- Work closely with the Global PD&E Unit for coordination of M&E across prospective projects and case types; and
- Work closely with the Global AMOS team on the design, roll-out, testing, acceptance, and use of an enterprise-level M&E system.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in International Development, Public Health, Social Sciences, or related field;
- Three to five years progressive experience predominantly working in monitoring and evaluation of community-based or national-scale programs;
- At least two years’ experience in managing a team, with either project management skills or leadership training;
- Extensive exposure and experience working with government-funded programs as well as those funded by private institutions and foundations;
- Experience conducting operations research, implementation science, or other evaluations;
- Expertise in developing M&E systems (data collection tools, strategies, M&E plans, data management systems, etc) for large-scale consortium-led projects, from inception (or design stages);
- Systems building and systems thinking skills and well developed conceptual thinking skills;
- High level advocacy and communications skills;
- Ability to work proficiently in all Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel; Knowledge of database software and systems an added benefit;
- Knowledge of a statistical software package (Stata, SPSS, SAS) a plus; and
- This position requires frequent internal travel across the different field offices in India.
- Evidence of thriving in a results-driven and results-based management structure;
- Proven project management skills and experience;
- Charismatic and strong leadership skills with high levels of energy;
- Committed to ensuring the integrity of data, the ethical principles around data confidentiality;
- Passionate about the pursuit of justice and eradication of human rights abuses in India;
- Proven strong written and oral capabilities in English; and
- Experience working effectively cross-culturally and across multiple time zones.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.