I.T. Manager, South Asia
Submitted by dahimaz on 05 April 2017
To protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing the criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
IJM is seeking a qualified and enthusiastic professional to serve as IT Manager. IJM has cast a vision for 2030 which involves mobilizing partnerships to scale our work of rescue and rehabilitation, expanding our footprint, and leveraging data to effectively prove to the world that our model can end slavery. To accomplish this exciting vision, IJM has built an aggressive technology infrastructure and system transformation roadmap that will serve as the foundation for delivering that vision. The IT Manager will work to achieve this vision. As part of the Global Technology Solutions (GTS) team, the successful candidate will exhibit integrity, a sustained positive attitude and knowledge of what it takes to build, maintain and support mission-critical technology infrastructure.
- Work with GTS Leadership and regional business operations to advise on recommendations and opportunities for regional technology operations, including infrastructure architecture, cloud and mobile technology, data systems and disaster recovery.
- Recruit, train, and lead a regional team to carry out the support and implementation of IJM’s technology infrastructure in South Asia; and
- Develop, monitor and evaluate performance and professional development objectives for regional team staff.
- Identify and help to resolve issues with local servers, storage, firewalls, and networking;
- Perform regular maintenance of virtual servers including back-up, updates and diagnostics; and
- Work collaboratively with the GTS Infrastructure team and Regional Engineers to address enterprise-wide system issues.
General Helpdesk Support
- Provide general help desk support for South Asia field office users in a positive, compassionate and understanding manner without additional help;
- Provide helpdesk ticket escalations support from local technology staff;
- Proactively troubleshoot hardware and software issues including, but not limited to: Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 operating systems; Microsoft Office 2013, with a focus on Outlook and Outlook Web Access email issues; Microsoft SharePoint; LAN/WAN connectivity; workstation and laptop hardware components and peripherals; and printing/fax issues; and
- Receive and configure new desktop and laptop hardware.
User Account Management
- Assist in creating and managing IJM’s user and email accounts in the Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
- Work with GTS Leadership, Regional Business Operations, and Field Offices to provide purchasing and vendor management for the South Asia region, including contract management, vendor negotiation, and purchasing support.
Documentation and Training
- Develop knowledgebase articles and tutorials for IJM software and systems;
- Maintain good documentation through helpdesk ticketing system and systems documentation processes; and
- Develop and deliver training to staff on new systems.
- This position may require 2-4 weeks of travel to IJM South Asia Field Offices per year.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in a lead or management role;
- Degree in Computer Science, and 5-7 years of experience in systems administration, IT management, or any equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Fluency in written and oral English;
- Conversant in Hindi and other Indian languages.
- Possess working knowledge of client/server technology, network protocols and the skill sets to troubleshoot end-user workstations; and
- Operational proficiencies in Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2013, Microsoft Office 365 and other cloud based services, Cisco Firewalls, VMWare, Backup Exec, Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
- Function as a team leader that values joy and celebration in the midst of difficult work;
- Possesses the capability to manage, coach and develop a team of technology professionals spread across multiple locations;
- Possess desire and ability to analyze problems to find the best solution for both hardware and software systems;
- Ability and desire to work independently with administrative capacity to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to completion with minimal oversight;
- Ability to effectively manage time according to changing priorities both self-discovered and as directed; and
- Adept at providing quality customer-service to a variety of constituencies.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.