Submitted by Anonymous on 22 June 2017
The vision of International Justice Mission (“IJM”) is to protect poor people from violent forces of injustice by working collaboratively with the government to secure their rescue and restoration.
International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking a qualified professional to help ensure that all IJM programs have high-quality monitoring in order to produce evidence of performance and impact. The successful candidate will be experienced in program design, data management, monitoring, and/or data quality assurance in the justice sector arena. This position is based in Mumbai, India with periodic travel within India and reports to the Director-Monitoring & Evaluation.
Data Management and Results Dissemination
- Coordinate data collection, reporting and analysis efforts and provide ongoing support to local partner organisations.
- Lead on data summaries/aggregation for monthly and quarterly reporting to IJM Headquarters and stakeholders as per the requirement.
- Implement regular data quality audits of program monitoring data and work with teams to correct data errors.
- Oversee the dissemination of key program monitoring data (organisational dashboard, etc.).
- Develop and embed system to track the collection, review, and use of monitoring data.
Embed High-Quality Monitoring into Programs
- Provide technical assistance to programs so that they have a plausible plan to show achievement of outcomes and contribution to impact.
- Provide input into the design of new/revision of current programs, especially on baseline assessments, monitoring indicators, and evaluation plans.
- Review draft program proposals/plans for the quality of their monitoring and evaluation methodologies and plans.
- Participate in the planning for, execution of, and program re-design after external evaluations.
Increase Strong Monitoring Competence
- Assemble and disseminate relevant resource materials, templates, and guidance documentation.
- Keep abreast of and adapt programs to key developments in the monitoring arena.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, international development, evaluation, research, program management or another related field;
- Minimum of two years of successful experience in program monitoring, data management– including any of:
- Designing, managing, or monitoring a complex program.
- Conducting data quality audits or quality assurance assessments.
- Capturing, synthesising, and analysing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Presenting program monitoring or quality assurance results effectively to stakeholders.
- Training program staff on data management or monitoring issues.
- Establishing an evaluation design.
- Exceptional ability in written and oral communications and presentation skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Experience working cross-culturally.
- Knowledge of statistics and of common qualitative and quantitative methodologies, a plus.
- Experience with statistical software and project management information systems, a plus.
- Analytical thinker.
- Strong organization skills, with high level attention to detail.
- Effective as a team player.
- Self-starter with strong initiative.
- Strong, developed leadership ability.
- Proactive, creative problem-solver.
- Flexible and productive under pressure.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.