Submitted by dahimaz on 12 October 2017
The vision of International Justice Mission (“IJM”) is to protect poor people from violent forces of injustice by working collaboratively with the government to secure their rescue and restoration.
International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking a Program Manager (PM) to oversee the System Reform (SR) project. The PM will monitor and report on the SR project progress, identify any issues and initiate corrective action to achieve project goals. The PM will work closely with Mumbai office leadership and may manage Program Management Interns, Fellows, or contract staff. This position is based out of Mumbai and reports to the Director of Operations, Mumbai.
- Proactively monitor the System Reform project’s progress, identify issues, and initiate appropriate corrective action to achieve goals.
- Support the Justice Solutions team with programmatic and technical assistance.
- Collaborate and support departments to strategise solutions and alternate approaches when behind to achieve results.
- Support leadership in implementation and monitoring and evaluation of System Reform project. Monitor progress throughout the year. Flag delays and areas of concern to the DO and RD.
- Monitor, collate, and analyse data to support and help direct the project goals.
- Analyse the program’s effectiveness by supporting the successful implementation of the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) and Monitoring Framework Matrix (MFM).
- Monitor expenditure and costs against the approved budget to ensure effectiveness of the program.
- Ensure project reporting, including data collection tools, quarterly reports and other reporting mechanisms remain up to date.
- Participate in monthly calls with Regional Program Managers in other IJM offices.
- Collaborate at least monthly with Kolkata PM to ensure programs remain in sync and to share best practices and lessons learned.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of M&E to create monitoring tools and a plan by end of year.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Project Management qualification (PMP®, Prince2® or similar certification) or graduate level qualification.
- Five+ years of project management experience, ideally in culturally diverse settings and on complex projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Hindi (oral and written); Marathi language skills preferred.
- Professional demeanor and communication skills.
- Mature judgment and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Works well under stress and sustains a positive attitude.
- Creative problem-solver
- Willing to take initiative
- Strong ethic of service and passion for IJM’s mission to bring justice to the poor
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.